Monday, November 16, 2009

Nocturne

A few years ago,
I used to enjoy these hours.
The most deserted hours of a day.
Then, why do I feel lonely to death today?

I was alone, let's say was also lonely.
Though, I wanted to be there.
So today might be the last day I'd come here.
Cause I've had enough of this place.

Let's talk about this deserted place,
to kill some of my precious time.
And for me to remember it someday.
Just a bit, after such a long time.

A computer,
an internet connection.
A refrigerator,
some refreshments.

A table,
some piles of papers and books.
Another table,
some other piles.

A door,
two cinemags posters.
Another door,
a sometimes-moving-itself handle.

Some furniture,
some paintings.
A clock,
4.20.

I used to play here.
Believe it or not,
some places are just different on different hours.
So, I'll never play here again, I guess.

Maybe your age could really change you.
In my case, what was good is now pointless.
Just in about 2 years,
this day may never really be good again.

But it was good anyway,
and today is good nevertheless.
And there goes my tears,
oh, I yawned.

I think I can't cry anymore.
So what they've told me might be true.
I've cried too much.
Maybe I have insufficient tears to cry again.

Well, I'm lucky to be able to yawn.
4.35.
No, I didn't stay up late.
I've just waken up early.

I used to enjoy waking up at these hours,
between midnight and dawn.
Visiting this deserted place,
waiting for what I didn't know.

4.45.
Why does time go away?
I don't know.
Maybe I'll never know.

Just thinking about years
to the past,
and to the future.
We're weak and hopeless.

But thinking about the present,
we're invincible.
4.55.
Somebody has waken up.

Well, dawn is coming.
This place will be gone in a few more seconds.
Let this be a goodbye,
and a good night.

No comments: